Training in Pharmaceutical Medicine covers all aspects of pharmaceutical medicine and drug development sciences with an international scope as defined by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) PharmaTrain syllabus. This, in turn, is based on the International Federation of Associations of Pharmaceutical Physicians (IFAPP) and Royal College of Physicians in London syllabus.
The following sections are covered in the IMI PharmaTrain Syllabus.
- Discovery of Medicines
- Development of Medicines: Planning
- Non-Clinical Testing
- Pharmaceutical Development
- Exploratory Development (Molecule to Proof of Concept)
- Confirmatory Development
- Clinical Trials
- Ethics and Legal Issues
- Data Management and Statistics
- Regulatory Affairs
- Drug Safety, Pharmacovigilance and Pharmacoepidemiology
- Information, Promotion and Education
- Economics of Healthcare, Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics.